The acceptance of the fact that you are not going to please everyone is the most liberating feeling in the world.
12 habits to boost your confidence and to stop caring what people think:
1) Stop asking for validation. Trust yourself and the decisions that you make for your life. If you ask people for their opinion, realise that everyone’s opinion is rooted from a variety of experiences, values, and insecurities. Which… will obviously not be exactly the same as yours. How many times have you asked someone for their view about something when you already have your own, and then they end up saying something you didn’t actually want and you start to doubt yourself as a result? Youuuuu have all the resources you need to make the best decision for yourself.
2) Don’t be so absorbed by societies rules or expectations. Many times we are just following what have been put into without questioning if it is the right path for us – what we really want. Ask yourself: How do I feel? How do I want to feel? Would I like doing this for the rest of my life? What shall I do now to bring me a step closer to where I want to be? Choose your own vibration instead of just reacting to your environment.
3) Do not be afraid of failure. Sometimes we hesitate to do something just because we are scared to fail. IT’S OKAY to fail! And actually, you will always learn more from failure than by succeeding. You gain experiences you could not gain any other way. And it will shape you as a better person, increasing your inner strength and resilience.
4) Face fear. If something scares you, do not run away. Follow it. Face it. Like this, not only you go out of your comfort zone, but you expand it. It might be hard at first, but you just have to push yourself a little harder. Once you do, you experience one of the best feelings ever. You feel like you can achieve anything you aim at.
5) Realise that you can do anything you want. We often hear this a lot, right? But, many times, we are not believing it deep down – Yes, you can quit your job if you are not enjoying it. Yes, you can go to that place you have been dreaming of. Yes, you can attract a certain person. This is one of the most empowering mindsets. Realise that, if you give out a sense of lack or negativity (like: ugh, I will never achieve this), then you will get that. And if you give out positivity, and act as if you already have what you want, then you will attract that. – The law of attraction. I will talk about this and my experiences more deeply in future posts, stay tuned (:
6) Spend time alone. Being alone with your own thoughts is one of the best ways to get to know who you are and what you want out of life. Start to write things down: your goals, the steps you will take, etc. And spending time alone is important for self-love. Never depend on other people to make you happy… because they may not always by your side.
7) Love yourself unconditionally. Be aware of your strengths. Strengthen them. Concentrate on bettering yourself.
8) Be aware of your flaws. Accept them. And love them. Like this, no one can use them against you. For this step, it is essential that you cut negative affirmations and bad self-talk. Your words and thoughts influence your feelings and actions more than you think. We are often our worst critic… you have to be aware of your thoughts, and realise when those crazy daggers appear. Then, replace them with positive thoughts (there is always something positive… find it). Treat yourself like your best friend would.
9) Travel. Especially if you go by yourself. New surroundings will show you new perspectives. Traveling has enabled me to get in touch with parts of myself that I had forgotten. And parts that I didn’t know I had. You deal with problems and hardships all by yourself… confidence booster!
10) Be grateful. Realise how lucky you are. Appreciate even the most trivial things. Smile at strangers. Smile while doing whatever you are doing: while making your bed, while cleaning up your room, while showering… whenever!
11) Confidence doesn’t come from tearing other people down. It comes from being nicer to them. Try to have positive effect on people’s lifes. Focus on giving.
12) Always remember that if someone criticizes you, it is very likely that the problem lies within them, not with yourself. It is people who aren’t happy with their lives, or those who don’t like who they are, the ones that keep being hateful, negative, and criticising to others. They may even jealous of your accomplishments, or see something in you that they wish they had. You don’t neeeed that negative energy in your life (:
“The woman that does not require validation from anyone is the most feared individual on the planet“